• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. celia

Rainy days

The weather here in Tamworth has been awful these last two days all it has done is rain. This limits what I can do. Going out is a no no because nether of the dogs like getting wet Pottering around the garden is off because it looks like a bog at the moment So I find myself trawling through...
  2. celia

Morrall William searching for 4x great grandfather

Hello all Firstly if I have put this in the wrong place I apologise I am trying without any success to find my 4x great grandfather William Morrall Unfortuneatly I have no date of birth, no date of death or a date for a marriage The only information I have is his son was called Edward Morall...
  3. celia

Morrall Brothers Tool Makers

hello one and all I'm looking for some help before my brain explodes I came across a pic on another site that showed a building in Albion street Hockley The build's signage bore the words Morrall Brothers Toolmakers As my last name happens to be Morrall I am interested in finding out if these...
  4. celia

mostyn road handsworth

Good evenng one and all. I hope someone out there can help at all. Dose anybody have any old pics or memories of mostyn road in handsworth. My great greandparents clara and william morrall and my grandparent horace and celia morrall lived at 40 mostyn road. Ive passed mostyn road serveral...
  5. celia

Nella Last's war

I had to order this book from tamworth libary and had to wait a week for it to arrive but its here and i cant wait to settle down in my bed later and read it. For those of you not famillar with the title it was telivised a few christmases ago titled house wife 49. Victoria wood played nella...
  6. celia

back to backs high street aston

hi all if this is in the wromg place sorry inadvance was wondering if anybody can help at all im now back on my family tree picking my way through and found out that my grand mother's father henry roach and his wife beatrice were living in court 6 3 house high street aston birmingham. can...
  7. celia

Books: about Winson Green area by Gary Smith

i would like to recomend to lovely books some of you may have read them most if not all of you have come across them they are WINSON GREEN MY WORLD A WALK UP THE GREEN both are by gary smith both these wonderfull books are a must for those who lived on the green i myself is from the green...
  8. celia

morton bagot

now i know this church is no where near birmingham but i thought i would like to share this little gem of a church that has some of my family history conected with it morton bagot is a tiney village in warwickshire that has a stunning 13th centary church that still to this day is still in use...
  9. celia

emigrated to south africa

not sure if this is the right place to post this if its in the wrong place sorry in advance i would like some advice on the best way of tracing a person who moved to south africa in the 60's she is my dads younger sister my dads older sister and possable the only surving one left out the...
  10. celia

Artz what does it mean

wonder if anybody can help me i know my great great grandfather was a miller as it states on the 1881 census but after the word miller is the word (Artz) can anybody tell me what the word (Artz) means many thanx celia
  11. celia

dads evacuation

not sure if this is the right place to post this but here goes my dad harry morrall was evauated to wales during the war now im not sure where he went in wales or when he went all i know is that he went to rookery road school is there any way i can find out about my dads evauation many...
  12. celia

handsworth central working mans club

is there anybody out there that has used or uses handsworth central working mans club on nineveh road i ask because as a child my father was a member of the club during the 70's as a family we would go most saturday nights to be entertained by a DJ and bands doing the pubs and clubs curcits...
  13. celia

All Saints Church Winson Green

im not sure if this thread has been done before if so i aplogise in advance my dad and his first wife were married at all saints church winson green christmas 1954 now ive looked on the web cant seem to find it and ive looked on google maps but i still carnt seem to find it dose anybody have...
  14. celia

bobhowler moths

a few days ago my hubby told me a child hood memory he has about moths and why he dosent like them to this day my hubby recalls as a small boy climbing the stairs to go to bed one night. A very large hairy moth was on the landing wall. It frightened him so much he wouldnt go to bed and he had...
  15. celia

fred and baliey

here are two pics of my two wonderfull dogs 4 year old fred who an otterhound and came from dogs trust in kennillworth and 2 year old baliey who we rescued from racing kenills because he cant run anymore and would end up being destroyed
  16. celia

Winson Green/ Handsworth

hi all was wondering if anybody had some memorys or pics of winson green and handsworth. i grew up in winson green on the handsworth new road between 1970 and 1981 when we moved to tamworth i recently traveled through winson green green and handsworth on the 101 bus with my older sister when we...
  17. celia

great grandad william morrall

hi all yes its me again i wonder if i can pick someone brains i am trying to find my great grandad william morrall he was last on the 1891 cencus living with his wife louisa morrall andn his children how ever he his not on the 1901 census and his wife is living with another family as a border...
  18. celia

parish records

hi all can anybody help me in the field of parish records i have started researching my gx2 grandfarther edward morrall born 1814ish in morton baggott so now im having to look up parish records can anybody help me with this as i havent a clue what im looking for or how they work its all a mine...
  19. celia

caddling

dose anybody know where ther word cadderling comes from and what it means my work mates mothers uses it usaly when she is swilling her tea round the cup to fininsh that last drops off her mother usally shouts STOP CADDERLING many thanx celia
  20. celia

grave location in wartsone lane cem

hi guys yes its me again after spending this morning in birmingham central library i have found what i think to belive to be one of my relatives buried in warstone lane cem now i know where the cem is as i passed it on the bus this afternoon on the way to handsworth cem what i would like to know...
Back