• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Collingwood Drive School Pheasey

Dave I found this photo out of my late cousins wedding and I'm sure it is the same place. Tell me if I'm wrong only it was many years ago. I am the bridesmaid on the left. Jean.

Thanks Dave. I do remember it being on the Pheasey somewhere. My cousins family lived in Leighton close. Jean.

G.G, had a good look at the pic, I`m sure it`s not Collingwood School, if it was a School the other one was down Raeburn Rd, that one was built while I was there in the old huts Dave

Dave was there a reception hall by the terminus once only I'm sure it was there but can't remember which side. Jean.

Dave I will phone my brother in the morning as I'm sure he will remember. The only other thing and I'm starting to feel a right p.....r now it could have been at the church on the Walsall road but they did photo's just before the reception on Pheasy. How your mind plays tricks. I think it is called the Holy Name church. I remember aunt Phil stepped backwards and fell in a bush. Jean.

G G There used to be a church at the top of Romney way,and it had a hall attached to it. that looks like the one in your photo

maur you might be right

Reunion for the above School, is planned for the Thursday 2nd July 2009, in the Old School Hall, All who attended the school, friends and family, are welcome, more info in time, Dave

Maur Dave my brother can't remember either. Maur where is Romney way?. Is it on the newer part of the Pheasey up Hillingford road?. Jean.

gg romney way is the road to the right hand side of what used to be the trees pub(now a buffet island)on the queslett road, i cant think of the name of the church yet i used to go there for sunday school and when i was in the girl guides, now they have built flats there.

Thanks of course we sometimes go that way when we go to the Cat and Fiddle. I know my way round but are useless with road names. TTFN. Jean.

In the book listed as the Pheasey Methodist Church, with a Hall, opened in 1957, the wooden huts lasted until the 1980`s

This is the end of the Hall Building, the little hatch/door on the left, as I remember was the used for dropping the Coal/Coke, for the boiler, also the head in the upper window

Reunion for the above School, is planned for the Thursday 2nd July 2009, in the Old School Hall, All who attended the school, friends and family, are welcome, more info in time, Dave

On the Stage

Dave that photo I put on this thread was taken at the Catholic church on the Walsall road. We went past last week with the photo so sorry if I confused you. The reception was definately on the Pheasey somewhere off Hilingford avenue. Bye the way my nan was born a Pheasy. TTFN. Jean.

Reception area

Reunion for the above School, is planned for the Thursday 2nd July 2009, All who attended the school, friends and family, are welcome, more info in time,

Venue (new to me) in the Pheasey park Farm, Community Centre, corner of Hillingford Av. and Tyndale Cresent, time 1900, 7pm, there is a Bar,

Dave

Reunion for the above School, is planned for the Thursday 2nd July 2009, All who attended the school, friends and family, are welcome, more info in time,

Venue in the Pheasey park Farm, Community Centre, corner of Hillingford Av. and Tyndale Cresent, time 1900, 7pm, there is a Bar,

one end of the old Gym

Dave

Venue in the Pheasey park Farm, Community Centre, corner of Hillingford Av. and Tyndale Cresent, time 1900, 7pm, there is a Bar

Dave

Side of the Hall

Venue in the Pheasey park Farm, Community Centre, corner of Hillingford Av. and Tyndale Cresent, time 1900, 7pm, there is a Bar

Dave

Dave

Back