• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Collingwood Drive School Pheasey

Reunion for the above School, is planned for the Thursday 2nd July 2009, All who attended the school, friends and family, are welcome, more info in time,

Venue in the Pheasey park Farm, Community Centre, corner of Hillingford Av. and Tyndale Cresent, time 1900, 7pm, there is a Bar

Dave

Tomorrow Evening

Reunion for the above School, is planned for the Thursday 2nd July 2009, All who attended the school, friends and family, are welcome, more info in time,

Venue in the Pheasey park Farm, Community Centre, corner of Hillingford Av. and Tyndale Cresent, time 1900, 7pm, there is a Bar

Dave

Tonight

Dave

Tonight

Dave

Was a good night, enjoyed by all, next one May 2010, after 50 years for my first, no problem Dave

Last edited:
Dave glad it was a good evening as you have been looking forward to it for some time. Bye. Jean.

Corrected the next Reunion,

Next one May 2010

This was my last school class pic, late 59 early 1960

This is the end of the Hall Building, the little hatch/door on the left, as I remember was the used for dropping the Coal/Coke, for the boiler, also the head in the upper window

you are right about the hatch/door, we used to spend hours shoveling coal down the cellar for the care taker Billy Andrews and in return he used to let us play in the gym during the holidays, great times,

STEV1E Thanks, what years would that be, might see you next year ? Dave

Hi Dave, the years that ia talking about are 66 to 70 the year that the school closed, i knew Bill as i lived in Linton road and then Tyndale cresent and he lived on the corner of Leighton close. I now live up in Yorkshire but yes you can count me in for a bit of that, i have been away for a long time but still keep in touch with a lot of people from the Pheasey, i dont know if you knew me my name is Steve Whitehouse, now i have found this site i will be here all the time, it's great.​

Part of the old School

That used to be my old classroom Jack Vallance was our form teacher.....just thought of something, did any one ever go spud picking in the school holidays...... can you see the kids of today doing it for 50p a day......dont think so

Last edited by a moderator:
That used to be my old classroom Jack Vallance was our form teacher.....just thought of something, did any one ever go spud picking in the school holidays...... can you see the kids of today doing it for 50p a day......dont think so

Steve welcome, was one of the prefabs ? your old class room ?
see you at the next reunion, I lost track of all my old class mates in 1959, the navy called (smile)

that used to be my old classroom jack vallance was our form teacher.....just thought of something, did any one ever go spud picking in the school holidays...... Can you see the kids of today doing it for 50p a day......dont think so
yes all the kids would go up to doebank during the holidays, and spend all day spud picking, my mom and all the neighbours would go with their kids,i remember it beind great fun, very muddy and wet at times, a ride on an open trailer pulled by a tractor to take us all up to the fields, would not be allowed now "health and safty".

Steve welcome, was one of the prefabs ? your old class room ?
see you at the next reunion, I lost track of all my old class mates in 1959, the navy called (smile)

no, never my form room but had a few different lessons in them, Congo took geography in the one on the right and Mr Biddle, english in the other, i was there from 65 to 70, about the time the Old Barn came down, great times
icon7.gif

Steve as I believe the Prefabs was condemned before 1969, have film of them might be in 1999, shortly after they disappeared Dave

A friend has found these two pictures of a party in Catermole Grove on the Pheasey Estate and one of Kesingland Holiday Club pheasey school.

Does anyone recognize themselves? about 1954 ish. Miriam

A friend has found these two pictures of a party in Catermole Grove on the Pheasey Estate and one of Kesingland Holiday Club pheasey school.

Does anyone recognize themselves? about 1954 ish. Miriam

Miriam Unable to remember, I was around 10 then some of our houses in Cotman Close backed onto to Catermole Grove, and at times cut through the gardens which were joined Dave
if I may, Miriam, will pass them on to a person who might remember, and still lives on the Pheasey Dave

Back