• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

  • J
    John L replied to the thread Aston Villa club history.
    The centre pages of the 1957 FA Cup Final programme (our winners against the "Busby Babes"), train timetables for the trip to...
    • 1790492432546.png
    • 1790492678166.png
    • 1790492867883.png
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    I couldn't see the road in 1871. In 1861 they're on Pershore Road. From the old maps and looking at the picture I would guess that...
  • MWS
    MWS reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread 'Rednal' House with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I think I found the same family living on Norfolk Road in 1871 with parents Thomas and Sarah. Again no name to the house.
  • MWS
    MWS replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    I see on the 1881 census the Emma's widowed step mother (if I have the correct family) is living on York Road, Edgbaston and the family...
  • L
    lizlid replied to the thread 'Rednal' House.
    Hi Janice, no I don't have access to the Census. The surnames that I know were from the Birmingham area were Matthew and Holroyd. Our...
  • S
    “Salt's became a public company and, in 1889 built a large factory at Selly Oak, which was designed and laid out for the manufacture of...
  • J
    jaspercabbage reacted to Neil M's post in the thread Sutton Park History with Appreciate Appreciate.
    A Picture Map of The Park of Sutton Coalfield published by The Birmingham Civic Society as part of their "Guide to Sutton Park". From...
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to ragga's post in the thread Take Me High Film with Appreciate Appreciate.
    YouTube - Cliff Richard - Join The Band Does anyone know the exact date this part of the film Take me High was made , I do know it...
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to lmr3103's post in the thread Take Me High Film with Haha Haha.
    You weren’t one of the extras were you Astonb6?!
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to John L's post in the thread Take Me High Film with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Some photographs taken back then (1-Corporation Street, 2-Needless Alley, 3-Holloway Circus, 4-New Street, 5-Gas Street Basin, 6- Gas...
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to MWS's post in the thread Morand with Appreciate Appreciate.
    As mentioned previously Herbert and Louise's mother was an Elizabeth Luker (b Smith) whom Eugene married in 1877. She died in 1884, reg...
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 replied to the thread Take Me High Film.
    I seem to remember being in town when the parade happened, but don't ask what day of the week it was!?
  • mikejee
    mikejee reacted to Neil M's post in the thread Street furniture with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Street lamps that never were? In 1919 the Birmingham Civic Society held a competition for the design of street accessories. The best...
  • S
    SueV reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Old street pics.. with Appreciate Appreciate.
    hi ernie...you could well be right about the 4th photo on post 61 as its an unknown pic...i did have the caption for it but ive lost...
  • C
    Curious Cat reacted to ChrisM's post in the thread A mystery solved....almost.......... with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Thanks for kind words. Going a little off-topic, so sorry! But of the several in this sequence (all viewable online) this is the one...
Back
Top