• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

  • anthea
    anthea reacted to Lloyd's post in the thread Doctors with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Arnold Gourevitch Former consultant surgeon Birmingham (b Paris 1914; q London 1936; FRCS), died from pneumonia on 5 February 2004...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to waverlee's post in the thread Doctors with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Attending an appointment I found that my doctor for many years had moved to another surgery.I was seen by a locum who referred me to the...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to paul stacey's post in the thread Doctors with Appreciate Appreciate.
    So true Smudger mate, The village Vicar, always about cycling in his patched cassock, tending to people who needed him, the village...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to RobinCanada's post in the thread Doctors with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Your reply Johnny brought back a memory of both Drs Butler and an associate Dr 'Con' and the story of my boil on my stomach. In 1954 I...
  • anthea
    anthea reacted to chascox78's post in the thread Doctors with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Yea. As a youngster I remember Dr Ezzat's and all the shuffling along the chairs. He was our main doctor from the early 1960s when we...
  • Smudger
    Smudger reacted to superdad3's post in the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    A Mast Year: We have a huge old weeping beech tree in our back garden. Every year we have to sweep up some beech nuts followed by a...
  • superdad3
    superdad3 replied to the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026.
    A Mast Year: We have a huge old weeping beech tree in our back garden. Every year we have to sweep up some beech nuts followed by a...
  • edcartermo
    Chamberlain's cortege on The Parade, 6 July 1914, as it is about to turn right up Camden Street on its way to Key Hill cemetery. The...
    • TheParade_Chamberlain'sCortege.JPG
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Birchfield Road Perry Barr.
    I was surprised to see that 145 Birchfield Road is classed as Handsworth . I expected it to be Lozells or Aston. It must be right on...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Birchfield Road Perry Barr.
    He was at No. 145.
    • birchfield-rd-#145.jpg
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread S Rose & Co.
    I think this was the building in 2020 prior to demolition.
    • lionel-street-33-35-possibly-2020.jpg
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Lionel Street.
    1950s Map.
    • lionel-street-map-1950s.jpg
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to Westwitch's post in the thread Birchfield Road Perry Barr with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Does anyone remember Dr Pike who had a surgery in an old house on the Birchfields Road? I used to visit him when I lived in the area in...
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to Pedrocut's post in the thread Wyndley pool with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Noticed this from the Cofton Collection highlighted by Mark.
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to A Sparks's post in the thread The Ice Cream Man with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I visited the London Canal Museum at the back of King's Cross Station this week for Heritage week which was interesting. The building...
Back
Top