• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

  • AlanM
    I often forget that Royal Enfield began in Hunt End. I only associate it with the Hewell Road Enfield estate. I now live in Redditch...
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Sandwell Park Colliery..
    I grew up in West Brom so this is local stuff for me. I don't remember the coal tramway but my brother in law who's now 90, lived in...
  • D
    Donbogen reacted to AlanM's post in the thread Perry Barr underpass with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This has been referred to in other posts but I rediscovered this photo in my phone. It's the underpass under construction 1960 - 1962...
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Perry Barr underpass.
    That 1962 opening photo ties in with the Googled date. That's great photo, so sharp. It's taken from the same direction as the one I...
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Its pjmburns (janice) Birthday.
    Belated birthday wishes Janice.
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Hanley Street Newtown with Appreciate Appreciate.
    replacing a photo of hanley st and also another one showing a back court but i have read that someone thinks the older photo is not...
  • M
    Mark Tooze reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Hanley Street Newtown with Appreciate Appreciate.
    replacing a photo of hanley st and also another one showing a back court but i have read that someone thinks the older photo is not...
  • J
    johnny082 reacted to izzy eckerslike's post in the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Does anyone like Carnivorous plants, here is a tropical Nepenthes that I put outside when the weather suits but right now it's back in...
  • J
    johnny082 reacted to izzy eckerslike's post in the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Here is an unusual plant, I know what it is but does anyone recognise it ?
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Perry Barr underpass.
    Old cars are something I look out for in photos, Lyn. I can sometimes date the picture from the cars, especially if they're 1950s...
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Hanley Street Newtown with Appreciate Appreciate.
    replacing a photo of hanley st and also another one showing a back court but i have read that someone thinks the older photo is not...
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Perry Barr underpass with Appreciate Appreciate.
    i had never heard of it mort but just imagine having all the roads in england heated :D lyn
  • AlanM
    AlanM reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Perry Barr underpass with Appreciate Appreciate.
    hi alan i often look at that photo its so detailed and of course most of what we see has now gone...think there is a very good chance...
  • AlanM
    AlanM replied to the thread Perry Barr underpass.
    According to Google, the underpass opened in 1962 so the photo must have been earlier as it's in it's early stages of construction. I...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to AlanM's post in the thread Perry Barr underpass with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This has been referred to in other posts but I rediscovered this photo in my phone. It's the underpass under construction 1960 - 1962...
Back
Top