• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Windermere Rd Park/ground Saved with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This morning we made a start on digging up, cutting out the brambles which are the main thing growing back on the first burnt patch...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread Pubs Of The Past.
    As Mike has said The White Swan disappeared in the 1920s but this aerial view from 1936 seems to show the frontage and other aerial...
    • moseley-street-aerial-#184-front.jpg
    • moseley-street-aerial-#184-rear.jpg
    • moseley-street-aerial-#184-EPW050091.jpg
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Windermere Rd Park/ground Saved with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This morning we made a start on digging up, cutting out the brambles which are the main thing growing back on the first burnt patch...
  • C
    CathD replied to the thread Pubs Of The Past.
    Thanks for the map which is great. Shame about the photo. Do you think Birmingham library archives would have a picture? What happened...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Dollman Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    marriage cert says they married at aston parish church july 31st 1881..address given for both says saltley aston...georges father was...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad reacted to MWS's post in the thread Dollman Street with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I'll go out on a limb and say that the address must have come from a baptism, marriage or death. So... A George Williams married an...
  • brummy-lad
    brummy-lad replied to the thread help needed.
    Lyn, I found this by reverse image search on Google, I don't know if it's any clearer. I could use AI on it but as you know it is prone...
    • person-query.jpg
  • brummy-lad
    Happy Birthday Janice, sorry it's a bit late, hope you a a good day.
  • D
    Donbogen reacted to izzy eckerslike's post in the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Does anyone like Carnivorous plants, here is a tropical Nepenthes that I put outside when the weather suits but right now it's back in...
  • D
    Donbogen reacted to izzy eckerslike's post in the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Here is an unusual plant, I know what it is but does anyone recognise it ?
  • jukebox
    jukebox reacted to izzy eckerslike's post in the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Yes you are right, I have had it a long time and recently moved it from an area too dry due to nearby trees, it can reach 4 feet when...
  • izzy eckerslike
    izzy eckerslike replied to the thread IN OUR GARDENS 2026.
    Yes you are right, I have had it a long time and recently moved it from an area too dry due to nearby trees, it can reach 4 feet when...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Paul Simon Birmingham 1965 with Appreciate Appreciate.
    from: https://paulsimontimeitwas.com/the-60s/paul-simon-60s/paul-simon-1965/ No date given but listed between 18 and 22 October.
  • Lady Penelope
    Many Happy Returns Janice and thanks for all your help over the years. Penny
  • B
    I started at All Saints around then (1952) and recall the slate with the wooden edges but thought we used chalk? I later joined the 14th...
Back
Top