• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Latest activity

  • Morturn
    A nice picture of KE Five Ways .... with John Felton Aldington's home made pie shop next door at Number 27 Hagley Road.
  • Morturn
    Morturn reacted to AlanM's post in the thread Motorcycle Shops with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I may have been working on the engine of XYH 200 as I did a couple of 'top end' fixes during the time I had it. A piston ring once...
  • DeanJ
    DeanJ replied to the thread Tennant Street.
    My dad was born in 1961 and lived on tenant street in a back to back with his parents and grandparents for 2-3 years before being moved...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to Neil M's post in the thread Water : Birmingham's water supply with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This is a train used on the "Sandline Train" route (#184 above): Whether it's the Lord Roberts (Built 1900) or the Sir Hector (Built...
  • A Sparks
    A Sparks reacted to Lady Penelope's post in the thread Water : Birmingham's water supply with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Not strictly on topic but this is a fact that I find amusing. Our postal address is Sutton Coldfield and halfway down the road used to...
  • Lady Penelope
    Not strictly on topic but this is a fact that I find amusing. Our postal address is Sutton Coldfield and halfway down the road used to...
  • Lady Penelope
    Lady Penelope replied to the thread Sutton Coldfield.
    What a lot of information. Thank you all. I should think there was a Welsh connection somewhere with Jones and Gwynneth and what a...
  • Keith R
    Keith R reacted to Neil M's post in the thread Water : Birmingham's water supply with Appreciate Appreciate.
    There was for a few years around 1901/1902 while the Frankley Reservoir was being constructed, a narrow gauge railway - "The Sandline...
  • BrummieGeoff
    A nice picture of KE Five Ways .... with John Felton Aldington's home made pie shop next door at Number 27 Hagley Road.
    • Edgbaston Five Ways King Edwards VI School 1.jpeg
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to John L's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    "The White Swan Victoria and Whitehead Road" is mentioned in #5 from 2006, (see my previous post above) and this is The White Swan...
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to Taxi Tom's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Hi, like you, my wife Robyn was also in the Tavern that night 50 years ago. We attended the memorial service at New St station on...
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to Time Traveller 66's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Well said . A very lucky young lady hope you are both well.
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to pjmburns's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    50 years ago. I was at college but living at home. As I wasn't in college the next day my Mother had a phone call to check I was OK...
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to John L's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Two former City Centre pubs, the 21 victims and the 182 that were injured, are I'm sure in all of our thoughts today:
  • Astonb6
    Astonb6 reacted to waverlee's post in the thread Pubs Of The Past with Appreciate Appreciate.
    Does anyone remember the Grapes just off John Bright Street? It was a small cosy pub where some of us lads used go at Chtristmas when we...
Back
Top