• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

which cemetery

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all. i think this is going to be a tough one. i need some help trying to find out where lucy harrington was cremated. on her death cert it says she died feb 1985 at the harry watton home 97 aston lane birmingham age 70. i cant work out who the informant of her death would be. on the death cert is says informant kevin stuart francis then underneath it says usual address of 10/15 livery st birmingham 3. and he has signed it. can anyone shed any light as to who he may have been. i thought maybe a social worker or solicitor. i am still trying to find out what sort of business the add at livery st was in 1985 with no luck so far ive just got back from the central library and cant find anything out. i cant even find out where she was living prior to going into the home. a member of family has asked witton cemetary but they have no record of her. i realy would appreciate any help or advise and also what other crems we may try. thank you all. wales.:)

Hi Wales :) Enquire at the Harry Wharton Home, they should have records,
re,,,Death at the Home & who took responsibilities for Undertaking,,
This Kevin S Francis may have been an Employee of the Home or, the Home engaged his ,,Undertaker services etc,
Good luck JohnY :cool:

Hi Lyn:)
Don't know if this will help.. but if you go to birmingham.gov and go to the bereavements section there is an online search of burial records..i found a lot out about my family on there

Hi Wales.

this may be of some help Perry Barr Crem. or Sutton Coldfield Crem are two possiblities they North Birmingham Crem's

Ray

thanks ray will do. maggie cheers for the link will give it a go. john the address for kevin stewart francis was 10/15 livery st. as the kellys stop at 1974 i cant think of a way to see what sort of a business this address was in 1985. thank you all. wales

thank you alf. this one is a bit delcate and tricky as it involves an adoption at birth in 1953. i will try all your suggestions. lyn

Back