• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this

I seem to remember that car park down near Digbeth, by Park St, had some problem the stone crumbling or something,does anybody remember?

Hi Liz,

If you worked in Woolies in the mid 60's to 70's then I would probably know you by sight, as I knew most of the girls that worked at Woolies at that time, and I ate in the restaurant every day. Well if you can call a plate of chips and gravy between four or five of us eating. We were kicked out of Woolies every day and kept on the move constantly in the market centre by the Green Men (security).

I still can't remember this roundabout though, upstairs in the shopping centre by the exit to the Queensway was Gino's Café Bar and stairs up to the bridge over the Queensway and the Pallasades. There again if it was in the 70's I wouldn't know as I didn't go into town much as I was a respectable married man by then.

Phil

Hi Liz,

If you worked in Woolies in the mid 60's to 70's then I would probably know you by sight, as I knew most of the girls that worked at Woolies at that time, and I ate in the restaurant every day. Well if you can call a plate of chips and gravy between four or five of us eating. We were kicked out of Woolies every day and kept on the move constantly in the market centre by the Green Men (security).

I still can't remember this roundabout though, upstairs in the shopping centre by the exit to the Queensway was Gino's Café Bar and stairs up to the bridge over the Queensway and the Pallasades. There again if it was in the 70's I wouldn't know as I didn't go into town much as I was a respectable married man by then.

Phil
That's the name of the restaurant Gino's and next to Gino's at that time was a handbag and luggage shop, it was right by there,it could have been a temporary thing it was Christmas 78.
I was in town taking my son to see Father Christmas.

Back