• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? Pubs # 9

Now you mention it Maggie All Saints Road does seem to ring a bell with that picture, but come to think of it so do a lot of other roads, I know I have seen that pub somewhere.

This School is still standing as far as I am aware, I can't give the name of the school because you will know the name of the road. Its only a couple of minutes walk from Lodge Rd.

Phil

Well done Mike the "Wonder Vaults" on Benson Rd. Are you sure you are not a Brummie ?

Phil

I used to live in factory rd and thought I recognised it, our workmen used to go for a pint there, Mike just piped me.

Well done Mike. Pete said it was Benson road he was trying to think of. Forgot the name of the pub though.

A nice little backstreet pub, but do you remember where it was?

Phil

xxx.jpg

Hi Phil,
I'm new to this but I hope you get to read this. I was born in this pub in 1945 and have been looking for a photo for my wife to use, thats how I found the site.
Regards, Mike Lewis. more info if you reply.

hi phil ;
the pub is in benson rd off baccus rd winson green ; and just yards from the bensonrd school;
and its almost next to john brown construction yardway back in the early seventys my sister inlaw used to go out with him
have a nice dat best wishes astonian;;

Hi Mike

Welcome to you, I'm glad that you found the photo and that it was just what you needed. It was a subject of a little game that we play on this site occasionally wherein we have to identify a building or object that was once part of Birmingham and in most instances has gone or been altered since the photograph was taken. Please don't let this stop you adding your info about the pub, because this is part of what the site is about, recording our personal history of some of these places before it is lost forever.

Phil,
From here (in about 1949) we moved to 'Suffields Hotel, Union Passage. Another lost pub, and try as I might I can not find one photo on the net!
I think that my wife is putting something together to record my past living whereabouts.
Kindest regards, Mike Lewis.

Mike

I think there is a photo of the Suffield Hotel somewhere on the forum, try the search engine.

Back