• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? Pubs # 9

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
A nice little backstreet pub, but do you remember where it was?

Phil

xxx.jpg

Well it,s an Ansells house the nut brown logo gives it away would it be the Earl Grey in Highgate. Dek

Dek

I have to leave a little clue thats why I left the Squirrel, but its not the Earl Grey which was a M & B house by the way.

Phil

If you are finding this one a little hard, the first clue is its north west Birmingham.

Phil

I seem to remember a pub like this in Icknield Port Rd but it,s so many years since I went that way.Am I in the right direction .Dek

I seem to remember a pub like this in Icknield Port Rd but it,s so many years since I went that way.Am I in the right direction .Dek

Come clean Dek, admit it you had a few the last time you saw it and everything looked like a pub

Come clean Dek, admit it you had a few the last time you saw it and everything looked like a pub

Alf i,ve never been a drinker if I had a couple of pints I would want to get my head down and have a kip, drove passed plenty in my travels though. Dek

Dek

Put it this way, as the crow flies you are less than a mile away.

Phil

I know I have seen this pub somewhere, the only place that springs to mind is Lodge Road Winson Green opposite the prison.

Dave Riley's in the right Ball Park but he is thinking of the Golden Eagle or the Winson Green Tavern. The place you are looking for is only a short walk away.

Phil

Hi topsyturvy

I thought the Talbot was on Talbot Street? Its not the right answer sorry

Phil

I think it's time for a clue as this is dragging out a little. I suppose Amazing Cellars would be one description of this pub.

Phil

No Jean it's not the Cellars anywhere and ladylinda its not the Abbey vaults but it is in the vicinity of Lodge Rd. I took a look down this road on Google today and wasn't surprised to see everything but the school gone.

Phil

Only place I can think of where there is only a school left standing is Winson Green Road by the junction of Dudley Road.

I think my daughter in law worked there for a while and part of it was a neighbourhood office Maggie. Pete can't remember the name of the pub though.

Back