• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is this ? Corner Shop

Ian FOFB

Brummie yes ! Novice no !
Thought I'd start one off on old shops - not that I have that many pictures of old shops.
Taken from an old postcard.

lovely pic ian...new to me so i will have to go with me old stamping ground of

hockley...

lyn

bit formal tonight ian...astoness indeed..lol..right will go and look again now that patty has narrowed it down...

lyn

Sorry Patty ( although I can see where you're coming from ) , GG Jean and Wendy, but Templer ( Brian, just to drop some informality for Lyn ) has hit the nail on the head - it's the corner of Hillaries Road and Slade Road, Erdington.

I would have got that if I'd been on a little earlier. I was born at #1 Hillaries Rd opposite that shop.
Chocks.

Shardeen and Paul - the correct answer was given just proir to your posts - although i experienced some post ' lag ' myself yesterday, where the threads weren't updating correctly.
It was Hillaries Road Slade Road junction, Erdington.

Back