• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? 56

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
This location should be easily recognizable to quite a few members of this site.

Phil

where.jpg

Jean

No its not Watery Lane, but you are heading in the right direction.

Phil

summer lane phil. please say yes. i havnt got one right yet wales.

Wales

As much as I would like to say yes (effort should always be rewarded). I am unable to do so. The main problem is, its not the right place.

Phil

Judy

You have strayed a little too far to the north, come back towards civilisation.

Phil

no point me guessing anymore then cos i dont do north south east and west. i get lost in me own back garden lol wales

Ann

Sorry, too far south again

Wales

No points of the compass, just two clues in one. A bus driver on the 55 or 56 route would stop at the bus stop just out of site here a few times in his working day.

Phil

ha phil. is it by here nechells way. the exact spot eludes me. wales.

Wales

Have you been at the cooking sherry again, thats in Hockley.

Jean

I don't ever remember the 55 or 56 bus passing by BCFC.

Phil

It looks like another clue is called for. well there is not a lot more I can say without giving the game away.

The builders yard on the right was Middletons, who moved when they came under the clearance order to Washwood Heath Rd just up from the Gate. On this picture my house was opposite the back gates to this yard (not in view).

I would have thought many regulars on this site like Pomgolian, Ernie and Kandor would have passed this location daily.

Phil

looks like ashted row

Well done, it is indeed the north side of Ashted Row between Henry St & Willis St. Very near to the junction with Henry st. I think the shops to the left included a grocers a fish & chip shop and St Vincents Catholic Club.

Phil

Back