• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where is This? #195

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
One last one for tonight, I don't suppose I will check it before morning but have a go all the same.

Phil

xxx-1.jpg

I got excited then Lyn - I thought you knew it! It is a brilliant picture - just wish I knew where it was.....

A wild guess. View from Church Road Perry Barr looking towards St. John the Evangelist Church, Perry Barr. Viv.

pol..i wish i did know where it is...like you say a lovely photo..at a very wild guess then phil....yardley village...

I thought the same as Lloyd - St Mary's, Hampstead Road in the distance. Couldn't decide whether it was being viewed from the Church Hill Rd area or the other side - Grove Lane/Hinstock Rd?

that as to be dudley zoos castle on the high ground in the distane
possible tat bank rd
tipton old houses segley i think they called it in those days

ive change me mind now...im going to agree with Lloyd and say taken from churchill road handsworth...

phil..is it in this country lol...only joking...

another guess..would it be the edgbaston area...

Pudding

all I can say is that you must buy the same books as me, It is St Peters Rd looking toward Church Rd Harborne. This is as far as I can make out how it looks today.

Phil

StPetersRd.jpg

well done pudding....phil its nice to see that the building on the left is still there....

next lol..

Never have got that Phil, I was still in the north! But it's interesting to see that an entrance to the church was cut into the hedge, so that's not the original entrance. Nice to be able to compare these things through time. Viv

Phil, I did not get the last two answers from books the first one was from my minds eye as I once lived over that way, and the second one was having a look around google street maps
pud

Just kicked myself - I have been along there a number of times.

Back