• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

where are they now

loo loo

proper brummie kid
does any one remember these people who lived in farm street 1950 1965
maureen mary and tommy connor
rita palfrey
mrs pursel
mr and mrs webb 2back168
mr and mrs bruton and daughter yvonne
the evans who ran a shop
eider who ran and fruit and vedge shop on the corner of farm street
the speed family they had two children the boy was gordon girl dorothy

loo loo. I Think the Speeds if they are the same family were Gordon and Margaret.
They lived somewhere by The Birmingham Arms.

yes it was gordon and margaret do you remember any one else from farm street, i went to cowper street infants then on to Harry Lucas secondary school 1960 my maiden name was shakespeare we lived at 162 farm street then moved over the road to number 232

looloo , I really didn,t know anyone personally as we moved to lozells about 1959. But names i can recall from there. Ada Atkins who had a shop. Lily Redall who my sister used to go to school with. Ashmores shop, and Jaggers shop. I also went to Cowper St School and left 1959. This is a photo about 1957/8.View attachment 70144maybe you know some faces.

wow thank you for that although i didnt see anyone i could remember we all looked such poor little darlings in those days,
i remember Ada atkins and mrs jaggers, mum you to send us up to her shop every sunday afternoon for milk and bread
ashmores was a fruit and vedges shop on the corner do you remember evans shop its sold groceries about three doors up from the speeds
thank you for the photo bless yoy

My cousin Leonard Griffiths is on the photo, he's the boy wearing the glasses in front of the lady holding a child. He retired from active duty in the RAF but still works for them. Len received an MBE for his charitable work whilst in the RAF.

There was a paper shop run my the Evan's opposite Lawley's the greengrocers between Gt Russell St and Wheeler St

What a great photo my family lived in the area but much earlier around 1860's to 1900. My gt grandfather owned houses in Farm Street.

Mrs Evans used to come to have her hair done at Mavis's and bring a friend with her cant think of her name but I think she had a pub near by Mrs evans. They were very glamous and always smelt lovely, they were always going on a shopping trip to Rackhams after having their hair done. The knew Mavis from summer lane when she worked at a hairdressers there cant think of the name of the shop yet, it was by a butchers called Truemans, Mavis married the son Peter.

Back