• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Warwick Road School, Sparkhill

waymore

proper brummie kid
Does anybody know which school my cousins may have attended in the 1940's - early 50's living as they did in Back Warwick Road , Sparkhill.
They were John & Margaret Green.

Pete

There was Greet Primary School on the junction of Warwick Rd & Percy Rd and there was Yardley's Secondary school on the corner of Reddings Lane & Warwick Rd just a bit further up the road.

It may have been one of those they attended but that would depend on their ages. The main trouble is there were many schools in that area all within walking distance.

Phil

Hi Pete,

My nan lived next door to The Wagon & Horses Warwick Rd. Greet, until she was bombed out. And one of my cousins lived at the back of her, and she went to Greet School, opposite The Wagon about 1940. Next time I speak to her I'll see if the Greens mean anything to her.

Ann

Back