• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Wartime Christmas Greetings

NOTSHARP

master brummie
I managed to find this (well, The Boss did) today.

A Christmas "card", from my Father to my Mother.

This would have been when he was in North Africa, probably 1943, at which time he was hit by a DR, at night, and invalided out.

The "paper" is a flimsy, no doubt designed to save weight. I am surprised, and happy, that it has survived in such good order.

Steve.

An interesting 'card' Steve. I wondered if the three characters represent the allies: British, American and French (?) I'm guessing French as the character at the back has on a helmet that looks it might be French. If so I expect it was purposely sending an optimistic message.

Viv

An interesting 'card' Steve. I wondered if the three characters represent the allies: British, American and French (?) I'm guessing French as the character at the back has on a helmet that looks it might be French. If so I expect it was purposely sending an optimistic message.

Viv

I am sure that you are correct, Viv.

Steve.

Back