• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WARR - Coleshill, Aston, Kings Norton

Christine in Herts

proper brummie kid
Part of my family tree is the WARR family.

They started off in the Banbury area, but moved up to Coleshill by the early C20th.

The death of my great-grandfather, Jason John WARR, was registered in 1931 in Birmingham. He had been a thatcher and was a lay preacher in the Congregational Church.

I'd be interested to make contact with other WARR researchers who recognise that pattern of name/place/date.

Christine

[SIZE=+1]Household:[/SIZE]
Jason J. WARR Head M Male 25 South Newington, Oxford, England Ag Lab Patience WARR Wife M Female 22 Wigginton, Oxford, England
Dwelling Cottage Census Place South Newington, Oxford, England

This is from the 1881 census, although not any part of my family would this be the family your looking for?
[SIZE=+1]Marriages Sep 1880 [/SIZE]
STRATFORD Patience Banbury 3a1142
Warr Jason John Banbury 3a1142

Last edited:
Thank you, Pomgolian. That is, indeed the family. I've managed to trace them through the censuses to 1911, and I've even found the Coleshill Congregational Church Minute Book entries which include references to Jason and his family. I've also made contact with one or two others from nearby parts of the tree.

I've posted this for a couple of reasons -
to increase the chances of finding others with whom to share research,
but also because Jason's daughter, (Roma) Alice, was a soprano of some quality, and also wrote children's stories (probably under her married surname, BENNETT). I'd love to find traces of either of those activities. (Which reminds me - I should put this last bit under BENNETT, too).

Christine

Back