• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

WALL, Christopher, born 1831, Father Timothy

TC3

proper brummie kid
Hello,

Find a Grave and Birmingham Cemetery record the death of Christopher WALL in February 1863 but no age is quoted. I have searched the GRO but there appears to be no entry?? Can anyone help with the age please.

Thank you,

TC3

was he buried at warstone lane feb 1863 ? was he born in birmingham ? also if you know his fathers name i take it you have found his baptism

info on burial says burial no 11433...warstone lane ...area upper level...section E...grave no is 201...wish they would give ages but do not

lyn

Last edited:
could this be him...at birmingham assizes..7 years transportation for larcency age 17

Name Christopher Wall
Date of Trial 8 Jan 1847
Trial Year 1847
Location of Trial Warwickshire, England
Sentence Transportation

Thank you for your help.

I found his father's name from a non-family source with no actual personal details. This could be a case of the famous brickwall(s)!!!

TC3

Thank you for your help.

I found his father's name from a non-family source with no actual personal details. This could be a case of the famous brickwall(s)!!!

TC3
There is one document in the criminal records which I think relates to his appeal - it is difficult to tell as some documents appear in isolation
names timothy wall.JPG

The Pardon was granted as a result of the father's petition for clemency on his son's behalf and it is the petition that confirmed his father's name as "Timothy"

Could his name actually be Ward and the alias Wall? There is a baptism for a Christopher Ward, son of Timothy, in 1831 and on the 1841 census Christopher and Timothy are living on Exeter Row (?). Timothy is a scale maker and on subsequent censuses is listed as Ward.

Could his name actually be Ward and the alias Wall? There is a baptism for a Christopher Ward, son of Timothy, in 1831 and on the 1841 census Christopher and Timothy are living on Exeter Row (?). Timothy is a scale maker and on subsequent censuses is listed as Ward.
That sounds very likely.

Janice,

Delighted...............you have absolutely solved my problem. I have "newspapers" with my FMP subscription but this report did not appear. Could I be cheeky and ask for a chapter and verse source, please!!!

A preliminary search does not confirm he was transported as Williams, Ward or Wall so the possibility is he was released early on a Ticket of Leave into the UK. I have some interesting work ahead!!

Thank you.........I really am so grateful for all your help.

TC3

If you hover over the image it tells you.
Birmingham Journal Saturday 12 August 1848

There are several other similar reports at about the same time but I only pasted the one.
I use here

Back