• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Uplands Cemetery Photo Request

Hi Stacey,
As you can see I’m not on here often due to researching other branches!

No I never did have any joy, I do have the plot details but unsure if there’s a headstone for my great grandparents.

I saw the paper copy of the details earlier today and if ever you do get chance to look I’d really appreciate it and happy to assist you in any way I can as a thank you.

I live in the East Midlands so I should really just jump on the train and get over there myself really.

I’ll keep checking on here more regularly.

Best wishes

Andrew

Believe it not the following is from July 2017!,
Talk about putting things on the back burner
If there is a headstone, a photo of it would be great.
My now 91 year old relative is still up for a visit if there is one for his grandparents. ☺️

‘I've just located the details of my great grandparents and I was correct with the dates.
David Palmer died in 1955 and his wife Zeta Elizabeth Palmer nee Starkey died in 1943.
They are both buried in the same plot at Uplands Cemetery.
Plot 23, Section 6, Grave no. 12828’

Just to let you know Stacey hasn't been on the Forum since she posted her message in April.
So you may have a wait for a reply or, indeed, no reply. It may depend what notifications she has set.

Hi Stacey,
As you can see I’m not on here often due to researching other branches!

No I never did have any joy, I do have the plot details but unsure if there’s a headstone for my great grandparents.

I saw the paper copy of the details earlier today and if ever you do get chance to look I’d really appreciate it and happy to assist you in any way I can as a thank you.

I live in the East Midlands so I should really just jump on the train and get over there myself really.

I’ll keep checking on here more regularly.

Best wishes

Andrew
If you have the plot details and a picture of the plots layout I will do my best to go and look for it. Let me know. :) I recently worked with my cousins to find our great nans :)

If you have the plot details and a picture of the plots layout I will do my best to go and look for it. Let me know. :) I recently worked with my cousins to find our great nans :)
Thanks Stacey, I will attach one photo and see if I can find anything better.
Section 6 is on the bottom right.
No great rush as it has been 7 years since my original post

Attachments

• IMG_4279.jpeg
    IMG_4279.jpeg
    87.6 KB · Views: 5
Thanks Stacey, I will attach one photo and see if I can find anything better.
Section 6 is on the bottom right.
No great rush as it has been 7 years since my original post

is that the plot and grave number on post 33 as i think stacey missed it

lyn

Just in case you missed the section and plot details Stacey on an earlier post before I posted the photo showing the layout of Uplands Cemetery.
Thanks again in anticipation.
Andrew

David Palmer died in 1955 and his wife Zeta Elizabeth Palmer nee Starkey died in 1943.
They are both buried in the same plot at Uplands Cemetery.
Plot 23, Section 6, Grave no. 12828

Back