• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

unknown courtyard

Reference the photo on the very first post of this thread, I don't think that was taken so late as 1960, with the best will in the world. I'd say it was pre-War.
What makes you feel that it was pre war, Big Gee?
icon7.gif
Mo

I know the photo is not my yard in erving street but it was identical to that except we didnt have a lampost located there. but i would say it was taken late 40s early 50s
colin

The Courtyard photograph has appeared before and I very much believe it to be in Coleman Street probably in the early 1940's. It probably originated from the Photograph Collection of the Birmingham Library Local Studies on the 6th Floor. Not all were dated or described so it would have to be someone still around from that area to recognise that particular courtyard. I can only say that it to me looks like the second courtyard along Coleman Street from the direction of Windsor Street on the same side of the Street as 13 Court.
I should like to hear from anyone who lived in Coleman Street at this time.

hi all.. ive just come accross this great pic of an unknown courtyard..circa 1960... you can just see 2 kids in what i presume maybe the brewhus..and just look at the bags of coal piled up and the lampost in the yard.. i just love this one...

astoness
and two bottles of bulls milk on step

Back