• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

This might be of Interest

View attachment 6489

Good site Alf and I will take more time looking through it. As you see this is my great grandmother Fothergill (nee Hurcombe), in the late 1880's. I have always loved the clothes they wore and also in the early 1900's.:)

There is a lot of other information on the site and I was surprised to see on the left side things for sale in Canada. Some of the pictures are lovely and very cheap.

Thanks for sharing that. Mo

Last edited:
View attachment 6489

Good site Alf and I will take more time looking through it. As you see this is my great grandmother Fothergill (nee Hurcombe), in the late 1880's. I have always loved the clothes they wore and also in the early 1900's.:)

There is a lot of other information on the site and I was surprised to see on the left side things for sale in Canada. Some of the pictures are lovely and very cheap.

Thanks for sharing that. Mo

Pleasure Sakura, can't see anyone not liking it for the History:)

I had a friend when I was in my late teens who was researching period costumes. One summer we went around visiting the Stately Homes on a Vesper scooter, as most of them had costumes on display. :)

I had a friend when I was in my late teens who was researching period costumes. One summer we went around visiting the Stately Homes on a Vesper scooter, as most of them had costumes on display. :)

Sakura pity no Photos hey:)

Alf - I don't think we took photos, I think he sketched the costumes. Unfortunarely I lost contact with this particular friend in the early 1960's. We lived many miles apart and then he got married.:)

:) Anne - Do you need photos of people in swim suits from the early 1900's not sure if I have any from the late 1800's.:) Mo

Back