• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Theodore Price, The Park, Harborne

FrancesKerr

Hello! This is my first post so please forgive any breached guidelines.

I am researching the history of Harborne Lodge which was the lodge for The Park, home to Theodore Price adjacent to Field House on Harborne Park Road. The Park was demolished in 1955 and I have been unable to find a photograph or etching of it. Being able to date the building of this mansion might give us the date of the Lodge which was on Lodge Road now Vivian Road. The Lodge forms part of The Priory, the Augustinian priests' home, who serve St Mary's Church. It was first purchased for the Passionist order in 1873 by a Mr Morris. The Archivist for the Catholic diocese has been unable to locate the deeds for the Lodge and although the Archive department have a ground floor plan of the Lodge they do not have records of when it was built. A William Palmer, gentleman, named it in his will of 1843.
Please does anyone have a memory, photograph or documents relating to either The Park or The Lodge? A potted history is available on St Mary's website but no record of who lived in The Lodge or when it was built. Many thanks for any help. Frances

hi frances..little bit confused..on this old map i can see harborne park..harborne house and harborne hall but no sign of a lodge or mansion..i would have thought that if the park was only demolished in 1955 there should be a photo of it somewhere..

do you have anymore info that may help..click on link below to view the map..if you move the blue dot over the map fades out to show us what is there now

lyn

Back