• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The black eagle meet up

ive just had an im from rob..afraid he cant make it folks...i will post on personal announcements as to why....

lyn:)

max...goes into hospital on tues for a spine op...be in for about 5 days...hes been advised to err on the side of caution and take it easy....:rolleyes:

best wishes for that max...

lyn:)

Still don't know how I'm getting there but I will definately be there one way or another:thumbsup::grin2:

OK FROTH....JUST OFF TO PUT ME SLAP ON:rolleyes: PLENTY OF IT:D:D

SEE YOU ALL LATER...OVER AND OUT...:D

:222::MusicMarchingBand::MusicTuba::MusicViolin04::553::1011::violin::1019::greatbritainflag:

Thanks Lyn, Thanks Froth. i hope to be up and about for the next meet.
Max

I used to live in the houses that lie back in a square right next to the eagle, many years ago think someone took a photo of them last time they were that way. Have a good time all

Yet another great day. Well done Lyn.
I've realy enjoyed myself today. Thanks for organising the day lyn. I've met some really nice people today . What a great bunch of people you all are..

Last edited:
Sorry I couldn't have stayed longer, but it was good to meet everyone again.

Hope the afternoon went well, assuming you have finished by this time?

Another brilliant meet up. It was lovely to see everyone. Well done Lyn. The raffle raised £65 altogether as I received a couple of donations after the raffle was drawn. What a great result I will send a cheque off to Holly Hall School on Monday on behalf of the BHF to boost their fund to have Archie Moore's name put on the church memorial. Many thanks to everyone for supporting this worthy cause. Wendy:)

It's nice to know we were drinking for a good cause,Wendy!! I'm glad the raffle raised so much.
I left at errrr about 5 30.....found the metro and got home for 6 30!
I really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to St George's day and then the Outer Circle trip!!

Some great photos - on both threads. it looks as if you all had a great time :). Sorry I couldn't be there but at least I met up with Wendy, Key Hill Brian and bojalu at the Key Hill AGM.
Well done for having a raffle and raising money for the Archie Moore memorial - I gave my donation to Wendy.
Polly :)

Thanks to lyn and all :), a great bunch of people :), I certainly enjoyed the Meet:), till the next one :).

Thanks all :handshake::0214:

Looks like you guys had a good time,GREAT PHOTOS its nice to see faces from the forum in the flesh, be it only by the magic of the internet,just one thing for new members (& may be some older ones) would it be any problem to TAG each member in the Photos.
KEEP POSTING MORE.
Well done the lyn & all involved

Well they did it again well done Lynn and Wendy... and everyone else who were able to be there great result for the raffle...!
Sorry to hear about your Pending Op Max, good luck and congrat's to Rob on the birth of Lily

Looked like a great time had by all. Pity someone did not introduce each one by name but should I really say anything when I was not even there, but maybe next time.

Ah ha , thats were we are clever Ger22van look closely at the photos and you will see that people are wearing name badges.
Thanks Chris and Pom for your kind wishes . Max

It was a smashing get together the Black Eagle is a lovely pub and Tony always makes everyone welcome:). Just a shame I had to leave early to attend the AGM:(. The raffle did well £65 I will be sending a cheque off to Holly Hall School today. Thanks to everyone who came:).

Back