• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

the beehive pub nechells place

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI PUB CRAWLERS
I was just wondering wthether or not any of you guysrecall the old Bee hive pub ;
on the corner of Nechells place and bloombury street nechells as this was a great social pub
where thre wa a great family pub ; especialy at week ends
alot of my old mates used to drink in there
is it possible some-one may have a picture they haethat they could put up please
have a nice day best wishes astonian

Here is one for you Astonian, another pub that I never used I have no idea why that is. I used the El Greco café across the road frequently.

Phil

Attachments

• Nechells The-Beehive-Nechells-Place-Bloomsbury-Street-1960-[1].jpg
    Nechells The-Beehive-Nechells-Place-Bloomsbury-Street-1960-[1].jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 52
I used it a couple of times.The Bobbies used to walk up the little hill from Bloomsbury St Station in there twos truncheons at the ready and at twenty to eleven the doors would be pushed open and the call would go out "drink up please"any one wanting to disagree would soon be sorted. Dek

hi phil and dek
firstly phil ; thanks for that favour ; so i can down load it and happy memories of those wher the days of my youth ;
and dek; yes you are bang on those big coppers as they was in those days stood no messing nor cheek ;
or with out hestitation you would have been frogged march down the lane; i only they was like that these days ;
and the truncheons was big ; thanks lads have your selfs a nice day ; best wishes astonian ; alan

Hi,
My family use to drink here Beehive when I was little in the 50 60s.. Granddad use bring us glass lemonade bag crisps we us to play out the back in the family area, Granddad played the piano.

My father used it, and the Eagle in Scholefield street up until he died in 1948, His mate Fred Steer had a pony and trap,many a ride was had in it on Sunday lunch.

Used to sit in the yard when I was a kid with my Mother and Father, uncle and auntie. I used to take my 3 wheel bike to ride around yard on. One Saturday night on way home to (St Clements Rd ) I got the front wheel of bike stuck in the gates of Lathems the drapers across the road from the Beehive. Must have been quite funny watching my dad and uncle trying to get it free after a few pints of mild

I use to go to the eagle, to the outdoor to get my dads beer, it was at the top end of Weston Street. My dad was Fred Powers and was married to Agnes Pedley who was related to the Pedley's who died in the Adam Street fire. My moms dad was the brother of Charlie who escaped the fire

Back