• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Angel Pub

The following items are from Kellys directories. The dates are publication dates and would probably refer to the year before:
1946-1950
Usher C. R. Ltd. drapers 427, & house furnishers 429 & 431, Bordesley grn 9. Victoria 1476
Usher Jn. curator, 36 Cannon st 2. Midland 6272
The drapers are listed before 1946. also. No idea what this John Usher was curating

To a Brummie the Goose would probably be the Fox and Goose, Ward End, and the Swan at Yardley.

It's got to be The Swan, then, it feels right, he was buried at Yardley. And the Haberdashery Shop was, as I understand, demolished for redevelopment. I see it was redeveloped in the 60s for a shopping centre and roundabout for Coventry Rd. Thank you.

The following items are from Kellys directories. The dates are publication dates and would probably refer to the year before:
1946-1950
Usher C. R. Ltd. drapers 427, & house furnishers 429 & 431, Bordesley grn 9. Victoria 1476
Usher Jn. curator, 36 Cannon st 2. Midland 6272
The drapers are listed before 1946. also. No idea what this John Usher was curating

Thank you, the business failed the early 1960s, he died in 1964. If I remember correctly he was bought out for redevelopment.

Back