• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Taylor John and Sarah and Florry

atella

knowlegable brummie
Hi, does anyone know if Sarah Taylor was a Simpson(maiden name) they lived at 1 Avery Rd Smethwick on 1901 census or anything about John Taylor.They lived with the Hasty family

Re: John and Sarah Taylor and Florry

Atella...Just to keep your records straight, your Taylors lived at no.1 Avery Road in 1901 together with the Hasty family. 105 was the schedule number.

Probably the only chance of finding Sarah's maiden name is to obtain Florry/Florrie/Florence's birth certificate. Only possibles I could find were..

Florence Elizabeth b.1q 1889 K.N. ref 6c 445
Florence Marguerite b.4q 1890 K.N. ref 6c 428

Thanks again for data have corrected house number may try those birth certificates eventually you are very helpful its appreciated

my grandmothers maiden was florence.she was born sixteenth june 1889.her father was george taylor her mother was elizabeth taylor formerly markland.they lived at 37 court 2 brearly street.she married harry cox and as far as i know, lived in the hay mills yardley area:)

Hi.
The Florry or Florence is actually the first name her surname is either Taylor,Simpson or Simpson-Taylor all very confusing for me

Michael thanks for trying to help it gets very difficult at times to sort out who is who and there are lots of Taylors

Regards,

hi john joan re (florry)her maiden namewas taylor, florence taylor . i have a copy of her birth certificate and it looks like florries mother elizabeth taylor, couldnt read or write ,on the certificate it has a cross and says the mark of elizabeth taylor.according to the certificate. florries father was an iron caster(journey man)and thefamily were from the smethwick area. hope this is some help to you .regards mike.l

Hi, Michael

The family I am trying to find details on are :-

Sarah Taylor was a Simpson(maiden name) they lived at 1 Avery Rd Smethwick on 1901 census or anything about John Taylor.They lived with the Hasty family

I have found John Taylor was born around 1896 in Huntinghamshire

So I donot think its a connection

once again thanks for being helpful.

Back