• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

T. A. Savery. Bracebridge St. Aston

blueminx

proper brummie kid
Hello. Do you remember? Or have you worked for T. A. Savery? Served apprenticeships 1968 onwards. They built and designed some very classy precision engineered hydraulic pumps etc. Sent all over the world. Ricky, Neville, Roger and Rowan.... We served our apprenticeship supervised by Mac and Rolly. Company Director Julian W..... So many characters.

Hello. Do you remember? Or have you worked for T. A. Savery? Served apprenticeships 1968 onwards. They built and designed some very classy precision engineered hydraulic pumps etc. Sent all over the world. Ricky, Neville, Roger and Rowan.... We served our apprenticeship supervised by Mac and Rolly. Company Director Julian W..... So many characters.
I remember them only in passing on Bracebridge St, but was very surprised to see one of their pumps when I worked for General Foods. I remember looking at the nameplate taken the specifications for a new motor. The part that was significant to me was Aston and I had ridden past their factory a couple of times.

I remember them only in passing on Bracebridge St, but was very surprised to see one of their pumps when I worked for General Foods. I remember looking at the nameplate taken the specifications for a new motor. The part that was significant to me was Aston and I had ridden past their factory a couple of times.
Thank you Richard, for your response. A fellow apprentice, Neville, he has so much memories and information. He will be joining the group soon.

“The extension works. formerly part of the Birmingham factory of Norton Motor Cycles, which have been acquired by T. A. Savery
and Co. and Thomas Savery Pumps ltd to relieve pressure on their adjoining factory in Bracebridge Street. Aston.”
(Birmingham Post, February 1966)

IMG_0543.jpeg

Yes. The very same. I am now going to delve into history of T. A. Savery a little deeper.
Hello and welcome to BHF. It looks then like Savery are a very long standing and well established company. I wish you well in your research and hope you can share some finding here if you can.

Hello and welcome to BHF. It looks then like Savery are a very long standing and well established company. I wish you well in your research and hope you can share some finding here if you can.
Will do. And thank you. Trying to get in touch with the other Apprentices of 1967, 1968 and 1969.

Back