• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Studley Street, Sparkbrook

Hi Pauline, Thats amazing. Which is your mother in the picture ? I have enhanced that photo in colour, i will upload.
So, did you know Annie Crow/Edward Crow, Ingrams or Ellen and Walter Ladbrooke?View attachment 180731
My grandmother and her family also grew up on Studley Street. The lady sitting at the front to the far left is she. Her name was Joyce Coats (aka Joycie) she was friends with Rita and Renie. She went on to marry Leslie White. Her brothers were Walt, George and Robert (Bob) and her sister was Marge. My Great-grandmother is also present in the picture, her name was Gertrude but everyone called her Emma (Coats) and my great-grandfather was Fredrick Coats. I think the lady standing on the very far left might be my great aunt Ellen x

Back