• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Stella Street, Nechells

• Thread starter Thread starter eileen
  • Start date Start date
E

eileen

Hello. My grandmother, Annie Lewis, lived in a back-to-back at 22 Stella Street from around 1915 to 1943. Stella Street is not there now, but I think it was off Nechells Park Road. Does anyone have any information on Stella Street? Thanks. Eileen.

Stella Street

Hi Eileen,

Hope this picture of a 1960's map helps.

cheers,

pmc1947

stella street.JPG

Last edited:
Stella Street

Hello PMC1947

Thanks very much for the map - I have searched everywhere to find Stella Street on a map! I am so pleased to see where my Dad was born.

Cheers, Eileen

Hiya, I actually found out my nan lived at 6 back of 20 stella street and im trying to find a photo. her name was sheila parkins and her mother was Elizabeth parkins

Hi Have just found out my GG Grandfather live in Stella Street up until May 1920. Did anyone find a picture of Stella Street please. Brummie30 or Eileen.

Hello. My grandmother, Annie Lewis, lived in a back-to-back at 22 Stella Street from around 1915 to 1943. Stella Street is not there now, but I think it was off Nechells Park Road. Does anyone have any information on Stella Street? Thanks. Eileen.
Hi Eileen did you ever find a picture of Stella street As my GG Grandfather lived there up until May 1920 he actually lived back 22 Stella Street
Hello. My grandmother, Annie Lewis, lived in a back-to-back at 22 Stella Street from around 1915 to 1943. Stella Street is not there now, but I think it was off Nechells Park Road. Does anyone have any information on Stella Street? Thanks. Eileen

Hiya, I actually found out my nan lived at 6 back of 20 stella street and im trying to find a photo. her name was sheila parkins and her mother was Elizabeth parkins
My GG Grandad lived at Back Stella Street to till May 1920 did you ever find a photo please

The closest I can get to Stella Street is its junction with Nechells Park Road just before the New Inns on the corner of Stuart Street. I have however replaced the map showing the location of Stella Street.

Nechells Nechells Park Rd at Stella St.jpg

1566816604926.png

A map by Phil in the Nechells Park Road thread: Stella Street looks quite short.

Stella Street is now Showells Gardens. doing my ancestry a number of them lived on or near Stella street. Want to find out the house number order compared to the houses now there. I believe it was all rebuilt so less houses

Hi Eileen did you ever find a picture of Stella street As my GG Grandfather lived there up until May 1920 he actually lived back 22 Stella Street
Hi, one of my relatives - Albert Clarke, his wife Emily and his father in law Charles Perfect were at 22 Stella St in the 1921 census.

Hi, one of my relatives - Albert Clarke, his wife Emily and his father in law Charles Perfect were at 22 Stella St in the 1921 census.
My husband’s grandfather Joseph Robinson lived at 30 Stella Street until about 1915 when he left to get married. When his parents died his sister Lil (Robinson) took over the house. When my husband was small he visited in about 1960 and remembers the garden backing onto the railway with large black sleepers at the end. He thinks that the house was vacated not long after his visit when Lil died. Interesting to read where abouts the street was.

Last edited:
My husband’s grandfather Joseph Robinson lived at 30 Stella Street until about 1915 when he left to get married. When his parents died his sister Lil (Robinson) took over the house. When my husband was small he visited in about 1960 and remembers the garden backing onto the railway with large black sleepers at the end. He thinks that the house was vacated not long after his visit when Lil died. Interesting to read where abouts the street was.
My Great Grandfather lived at 39 Stella Street in 2 census years. 1891 and 1901. The Cowley’s came from Crewe and before that, Stoke Goldington and CastleThorpe. Metal workers who worked on trains in Wolverton and Crewe. Joseph Cowley’s wife was Sarah Anne Robinson, met and married in Nantwich then moved to Stella Street.

Back