• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

st martins row

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
this is labelled st martins row...does anyone know where this was or is please....i can only find a st martins street which was off broad st

lynthumbnail - 2024-06-15T211113.429.jpeg

thanks tinpot it looks like you are spot on as we can clearly see the same line of shops in my photo...so this confirms the location of the photo is st martins row...st view below ...i just dont recognise broad street now

lyn

Last edited:
Except, as you can see from the 1950s map, St Martins Row changes to St Martin's Place where it narrows , an the photo is definitely narrow, pedestrians only

Don't know the date of this map (posted by the late Dennis Williams in the "Passageways .." thread), but St Martin's Row isn't marked, only St Martin's Place is marked, (although there is the narrow section leading from it)

Dennis Willians posted a few photos taken from where the 'row' joins Broad Street, the row being to the right of the Antiques shop. (Bought a few pieces of furniture from there when stripped pine was all the rage).
Screenshot_20240616_090210_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240616_090151_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20240616_090143_Samsung Internet.jpg

This photo below was posted by Postie on the St Peters Row thread, showing a bit more of the view along St Martin's Row from the Briad Street end looking towards St Peters spire (right of the antique shop).

Screenshot_20240616_085757_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:
thanks viv i would loved to have been around there when it was looking like that but didnt really have a reason to venture that far

lyn

Back