• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St. Martins Marriage lookup

A

ali80ca

Hi everyone,

I have a Hannah Moss marrying a Thomas Taylor on 18 Dec 1797 in St. Martins (according to IGI). I was wondering if the actual church register entry would give me any more info about parents names or perhaps witnesses. I am having problems finding out the parents of these two or their ages.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Alison

Hello and welcome Alison I am sorry but the early records of St Martins are just a list of names. Groom one side and bride the other. I can only confirm what you already have. The only other info is after the names it states Lic's which I assume means they were married by licence.

Thanks Wendy,

I was hoping to at least know if they were from the parish or not. They ended up in Stratford on Avon and Ive always assumed Thomas was from there and Hannah was from Birmingham, but that could be totally wrong! The search will continue :)

Back