• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

South Yardley, Broadstone Rd (originally Pool Lane)

Searching for 'Ivydale' on the 1911 census in Solihull (district) results in 2 households - that of your ancestor, William Starkey and that of Tom Ernest Weatherhogg (great name btw).

Tom Weatherhogg is listed as a farmer, grazier and general dealer with family and servants, including 2 grooms. There are also a number of mentions of him in Bham newspapers in the 1910s at Ivydale Farm, Yardley.
I lived in this area in 1940's. Even then Ivydale had been demolished. It had been on the area of Queens Rd, Broadstone Rd and Meadway.
I guess this must have been Ivydale Farm.

Attachments

• Screenshot (419).png
    Screenshot (419).png
    655.9 KB · Views: 7
Hi
I have been investigating on Ancestry.com and I have a family Great Great Uncle living at "Ivydale" on the 1911 Census, named William Starkey. I think it must be the Farm house but if anyone has any information on him or the Farm house, please let me know.
See reply on your other thread

Back