• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Small Heath books and photographs

Another well known Small Heath landmark, the Grange Cinema - showing 'The Call of the West' which film buff Alf can probably put a date on for us please.

Heres a couple of pics.

The Wales building is - I think - visible on the left of Motormans picture. If I'm right, the left han side of the building became Preece's Ironmongers.

The Bingo hall - Jones and Sturdy I think it was called, was at the junction of Muntz St.

motorman-mike, Your Tram post with location. A tram heading into the city centre along the Small Heath (Victoria) Park to Station Street route is coming around the bend of the Coventry Road opposite to what was then called "Small Heath Tavern". This pub was later renamed as "The Wrexham". Len.

St Benadicts Rd junction with Hobmoor Rd & The Greenway pub with the famous water trough to give the horses a drink. Len.

Len

Yes The Greenway was an M&B house, as shown here.

Phil

SmallHeathTheGreenwayCoventryRd1-1.jpg

I have recently obtained a copy of 'Old Small Heath' by John Bick and note that the publishers state not to contact them for copies of photographs.

Would anyone know whether the photographs used in the book are from Birmingham Central library, since there are no credit details listed?

Back