• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sladefield Road Primary School

My first primary school was Sladefield Road (possibly mighthave been called Woodwells Road) and whilst I was there the attached schoolphotograph was taken which I seem to vaguely recall was to celebrate May Day.
I was only at the school for a very short time before wemoved to another part of Birmingham and as a result of this I have no realmemories of the school or class mates.
Hopefully this picture may bring back memories for some ofthe forum members

Attachments

• Sladefield Road School Photo 1950ish (800x489).jpg
    Sladefield Road School Photo 1950ish (800x489).jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 71
My first primary school was Sladefield Road (possibly mighthave been called Woodwells Road) and whilst I was there the attached schoolphotograph was taken which I seem to vaguely recall was to celebrate May Day.
I was only at the school for a very short time before wemoved to another part of Birmingham and as a result of this I have no realmemories of the school or class mates.

In the middle of the first row on the right hand side is my husband............... he says he was there between 1949 & 1951. The road was Sladefield Road.

I have just found this photograph on the back of which is the date 1948 Sladefield Road School. I was 5 years old and am 3rd from the right in back row.At the time my name was Michael Crathorn. Unfortunately I do not have any recollection of my time there but have worked out that I probably left in 1950 when I moved to Broughton House Private School which I travelled to from Greston Avenue Handsworth Wood. When my Mother remarried my surname changed to Lister.
8AC8B736-C1A9-479F-B001-C4C7615611A0.jpeg

View attachment 81971 Sladefield Road School, Ward End 1932
Hello Carolina, I have been researching my family history for a number of years. I have a photograph of my (half)sister (we were always treated as brother and sister) taken at sladefield road infants school in 1932. It was taken on a school open day, my sister is dressed as "Tinkerbell". As my sister was much older than me (by some 17years) her father later married again following the death of her mother in 1935. I was born some years later in 1944 I have since tried to complete missing family details. This reply may trigger a response from others who may have been there or have relatives that would have been. My sister's name was Gertrude Ellen Harvey. I'll upload the picture at a later date.
My sister is in the back row 4th from the left.
8063759-2_orig.jpg

Last edited:
Back