• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Seeking pub identification

It also looks as if they might have gone to Canada.
1727517700453.png
outward ship.jpg

I am sure you know Gladys was a widow when she married Arthur so wonder if the Towers child is hers? Do you know?

Return journey
1727517805957.png
Child now named as Muriel
ship clip.jpg

Confusing.

48 Albert Road is the home of Gladys's parents I think. She was Gladys Glover before she became Mrs Towers - on the marriage cert her Father is Frank and the names on the 1927 eroll also include Frank and Minnie .
1927 eroll.jpg

Brilliant work Lyn, as usual. I imagine that involved many hours searching through pub photos, plus a photo I've not seen before.

not really john..i knew from the e rolls that 37 whitehead road was at the corner with bartons bank so i just put bartons bank in the search box and found a thread we have for it and low and behold there was the 1969 photo of the travellers rest which i had posted some time ago..

by the way you have seen the photo before but probably forgot...link below to bartons bank

Thankyou. Here is another rather scruffy photo from my collection of family photos from Birmingham, of Arthur outside the Ewe and Lamb.. he is next to the man wearing the apron.

Attachments

• IMG_6305.jpeg
    IMG_6305.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
think you forgot to attach the photo easy to do...just a little tip...when you re visit a thread make sure you read from the last post you made so that you do not miss anything...janice has posted lots of info from post 29 just in case you missed them

lyn

It also looks as if they might have gone to Canada.
View attachment 195357
View attachment 195356

I am sure you know Gladys was a widow when she married Arthur so wonder if the Towers child is hers? Do you know?

Return journey
View attachment 195358
Child now named as Muriel
View attachment 195359
Yes that was my Auntie Mu who lived to 103! They moved back to England after Canada and lived in Worcestor. My mum Jean Marigold Evans ( nee Glover) is her younger half sister.
Muriel married Fred Lewis and at one point they were mayor and mayoress of Worcester.

think you forgot to attach the photo easy to do...just a little tip...when you re visit a thread make sure you read from the last post you made so that you do not miss anything...janice has posted lots of info from post 29 just in case you missed them

lyn
Thankyou. I’ve added it to my post.. Ive just found you can edit it. The photo might appear twice now.

Thankyou. Here is another rather scruffy photo from my collection of family photos from Birmingham, of Arthur outside the Ewe and Lamb.. he is next to the man wearing the apron.

thats a great photo...hope you dont mind if i ask our photo restoration experts to try and tidy it up a bit for you ..will get back to you asap

lyn

Last edited:
not really john..i knew from the e rolls that 37 whitehead road was at the corner with bartons bank so i just put bartons bank in the search box and found a thread we have for it and low and behold there was the 1969 photo of the travellers rest which i had posted some time ago..

by the way you have seen the photo before but probably forgot...link below to bartons bank

thats a great photo...hope you dont mind if i ask our photo restoration experts to try and tidy it up a bit for you ..will get back to you asap

lyn
You're most welcome to Lyn. I do seem to have inherited a few old photos in a tatty condition!

i am the same with some of my family photos but at least we have them..it may take a day or two but as soon as hopefully your photo looks a tad tidier i will post it for you on here

lyn

John you are a magician. Thankyou so much for a complete renovation of the photo of the Ewe and Lamb pub with my grandfather Arthur D Glover in. Your time is much appreciated. Cheers!

Back