• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Searching for my Uncle's grave.

Much appreciated. Many thanks from all of us.

Hope Jukebox gets a photo for you. Nrext step try to locate Maureen for you.

I asked a guy whom I presume was a groundsman if he could direct us to the location you (anner) gave; he phoned his colleague to come up with 'the buggy' which he did within about a minute and he lead us to the spot. How about that for service!
They said that as the earth hadn't yet settled the grave was recent but they couldn't remember 'doing that one', so couldn't give us any idea of how recent. Note that Catherine's death is not on the stone.P1010619a.JPGP1010618a.JPGP1010621a.JPG

I asked a guy whom I presume was a groundsman if he could direct us to the location you (anner) gave; he phoned his colleague to come up with 'the buggy' which he did within about a minute and he lead us to the spot. How about that for service!
They said that as the earth hadn't yet settled the grave was recent but they couldn't remember 'doing that one', so couldn't give us any idea of how recent. Note that Catherine's death is not on the stone.View attachment 177811View attachment 177812View attachment 177813
That's amazing, thank you so much! Glad you got a ride to the location.
Can't tell you how pleased I am to see these photos!

I know from experience the plot wi not be grassed over for at least 12months. My Father died before Catherine and it is only now that it has settled enough for them to think about grassing over.
However, there is no reason why her name couldn't be added. It may be someone waited for probate (which took a long time). Then the local headstone company (opposite the cemetery gates) has a huge backlog - again experience tells me that.
Note - for safety the headstones are now secured to slabs rather than on the grave itself.

They said that as the earth hadn't yet settled the grave was recent but they couldn't remember 'doing that one', so couldn't give us any idea of how recent. Note that Catherine's death is not on the stone.
Thanks for saving me a trip.

I know from experience the plot wi not be grassed over for at least 12months. My Father died before Catherine and it is only now that it has settled enough for them to think about grassing over.
However, there is no reason why her name couldn't be added. It may be someone waited for probate (which took a long time). Then the local headstone company (opposite the cemetery gates) has a huge backlog - again experience tells me that.
Note - for safety the headstones are now secured to slabs rather than on the grave itself.
I noticed the absence of flowers too, she was buried in 2022, not sure what to make of it!

well done jukebox so kind of you...anner i can imagine your delight at at long last finding your uncles resting place and so lucky that he has a heastone...many thanks for you donation to our forum funds it really is most appreciated :)

lyn

well done jukebox so kind of you...anner i can imagine your delight at at long last finding your uncles resting place and so lucky that he has a heastone...many thanks for you donation to our forum funds it really is most appreciated :)

lyn
Appreciate all the help you have given me, this is amazing!

Is there any way I can save and share these photos? I'd like to share them with family members but don't seem to be able to?
anner if you cant get someone to show you how to save the photos to your lap top and get them printed off i can send you a private message you can then reply to me giving me your email address and i will email them over to you

lyn

anner if you cant get someone to show you how to save the photos to your lap top and get them printed off i can send you a private message you can then reply to me giving me your email address and i will email them over to you

lyn
That would be great, thank you!

ok i have sent you a private message anner....the envelope at the top right of the main page will tell you you have 1 message...

lyn

Back