• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sear

BestDays

Brummie babby
The Sear family of Kings Heath, Kings Norton and Bromsgrove feature in my genealogy. They appear to have been involved in haberdashery in the city centre and butchery in Kings Heath. There is a possible link with the family of the successful jeweller Frederick Banks that I should like to clarify.

Frederick Banks the jeweller had a daughter called Emma of about the same age as Arthur Albert's first wife Emma Moody (nee Banks).

Neither marriage appears to be on Ancestry etc so you would have to purchase either marriage certificate to confirm that they are the same person.

I think that Emma might be the sister of a Frederick Banks also a jeweller. However, he didn't marry until 1888 so not him either.

I think that Emma might be the sister of a Frederick Banks also a jeweller. However, he didn't marry until 1888 so not him either.

I think you're right, both being illegitimate children of a Sarah Banks maybe, who is with Emma in 1891. And Emma used her brother's details for her father, again not uncommon.

So just a coincidence.

Back