• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Robin Hood Cinema

stupots

Hi years ago there was a robin hood cinema in hall green , We new the manager slighty and i was playing in a band ,and he asked if the band could play at one of the viewings of summer holiday , and i think duel of champions, does anybody remeber this ,would be nice if any photos still around or programs, we played in front of the screen ,only about 4 or 5 foot gap scary,
thanks

stupots

The Robin Hood cinema (and the Rialto) are featured many times in this thread:

Yes I remember the Robin Hood it had double seats in back rows and showed lesser known films, afaicr. Wasn't really a good building for its Waitrose conversion but I did use that store for a time as it was on my way home from work. I remember seeing The Happening "a 1967 Columbia Pictures film with the song by Supremes released as a single... the movie flopped but song peaked at number 1 on Billboard Hot 100..." (Wiki).

Hi years ago there was a robin hood cinema in hall green , We new the manager slighty and i was playing in a band ,and he asked if the band could play at one of the viewings of summer holiday , and i think duel of champions, does anybody remeber this ,would be nice if any photos still around or programs, we played in front of the screen ,only about 4 or 5 foot gap scary,
thanks

stupots
Hi Stu, my name's Sam, I work for Flatpack Film Festival, I hope you're well? I'm currently working on a research project called Wonderland, with a particular focus on the Robin Hood Cinema. I'd love to chat more with you about your experience of playing with your band, it sounds like a brilliant story and a really interesting part of Birmingham's cinema history! If you'd be happy for a chat then please do drop me an email: sambriggs100@hotmail.co.uk

Hi Stu, my name's Sam, I work for Flatpack Film Festival, I hope you're well? I'm currently working on a research project called Wonderland, with a particular focus on the Robin Hood Cinema. I'd love to chat more with you about your experience of playing with your band, it sounds like a brilliant story and a really interesting part of Birmingham's cinema history! If you'd be happy for a chat then please do drop me an email: sambriggs100@hotmail.co.uk
Hi and welcome to Birmingahm History Forum. Member stupots was lst seen here in May 13, 2020 and has only made this one post. You may try and send a conversation message

A haunting childhood memory. ........................

Afer every evening's performance at the Robin Hood cinema for years they always played the same tune as we filed out. Any possibility someone knows what it was called ????

Back