• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Robert Plant CBE

Thanks, Aidan, for your hard work on this eminent son of West Brom. In my long gone Led Zep fandays, we used to call him "Robert Planet" for some long forgotten reason. For nostalgia's sake, I'll use your various links as my soundtrack for today. (Now, where's me earplugs? View attachment 59864)

Pictured below: Robert Plant in 1966 and 2008 (courtesy of his official website).

The first photo looks like when he was with the band Listen, I remember seeing them at the Rainbow Suite in Birmingham, 1966 I think it was.
Saw the Band of Joy quite a few times at various venues and Led Zeppelin at one of their first gigs at Mothers in Erdington as well as the Town Hall.

Thanks Aidan, I thought it was 1968 but the old memory ain't what it was.... shucks! Oh it was a grand time to be young!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back