• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Richard lloyd machine tools birmingham

Hello James and welcome to the forum do you know where the firm were based. If not it may be worth posting a request on the trade directories thread.

Hi Richard Lloyd moved their production facility to Tenbury Wells in Worcestershire during WW2 to avoid possible bomb damage and from that point Birmingham was
basically an office and warehouse point only.The company closed completely approx. 4years ago.I worked there from approx 1964 -1975 first as an apprentice and
eventually in their drawing office for about 5 years.I also currently live in in the former home of one of the company"s managing directors Richard Higgs who died in the late
1980"s I think
regards Bendigo

Hi , iam looking for any information about Richard Lloyd machine tools, before and during WW2 . My grandad and dad worked there.
Hello,
This isnt quite what you asked but it might interest someone perhaps.
A Google search of Richard Lloyds brought me here. My dad worked for them in Tenbury Wells in the early 50's. I recalled the name but didnt know what it was or what he did exactly. His name was Trevor Ward.
Regards
Mandy

Back