• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Rhodes

S

saphire

I have found 4 Rhodes families on the 1920 downloads. Can anyone offer any further info re these people please.
Church Lane 6 Court 4, 34 Gladstone St, 4 Bk 175 Miller St and 109 Thimblemill Lane, Nechells. Many thanks

Hello .. My Nan Married a guy called Freddie Rhodes as a 2nd marriage in the 1950s and they lived for a short time at 72 willis street in nechells but he died only after a year and left her widowed , My dads half brother also freddie rhodes died in a house fire caused through falling asleep drunk in a bath with a ciggerrete .
I have been searching for her relatives for ages :(
I wonder if this is part of your rhodes family ?
best wishes Jean grahame

I went to school and worked with, a certain David Rhodes who lived in Barrack St, Vauxhall.
He would be around 56 now.

I dunno .. Ill have to ask my mum .. if she knows .. she too lost touch with the Rhodes family .. But My Grans name was Sarah rhodes .. payton from a precious marriage and Smith before that .
But We lived with nanny rhodes in Wilis street in the late 50s to early 60s up till i was 7 .
Il ask mum when I ring her later :)
But I dont know of a david as of yet :) thanks for replying :)
Jean

Hi
I had a Barry Rhodes living as a close neighbour when I lived in Long Acre (round the corner from Thimblemill Lane).
The address was 130 Long Acre and it was about 1960. I can't remember his parents names. I don't recall him being at my school but looking through St Clements school records I found a Barry John Rhodes of 80 Railway terrace Nechells and father listed as John. this was in 1944.
Hope this info doesn't confuse things for you.
By the way you quoted "the 1920 downloads". what are they?
regards Bob
bobxjan@adam.com.au

Back