• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Reid - Frederick William - aston, Father - Thomas William Reid

katiesmith24

proper brummie kid
I would welcome some help as I am consistently drawing a blank with this side of the family. The info I have is Frederick William died in WW1 in Belgium - he was in Royal Welsh Fusliers - his birth place is listed as Birmingham, D.O.B unknown. I have his mariage certificate to Lily Hawker in 1910 and in 1911 they were living in Stella Street, Aston. His dad is listed on his marriage certificate as Thomas William Reid (deceased) - occupation gas labourer. I cannot find them on the census' or anything and it is really frustrating!!

well his date of birth from the 1911 census is 1880 in birmingham. his occupation at the time was house painter.

There is a Frederick William Reid, Royal Fusilliers, reg no, 6326 enlisted 22.1.1900 killed in action 16.5.1915 place not stated. On elistment his age is given as 20 years 11? months in 1900 so birth around 1879. Name of next of kin Thomas William Reid, Father, Address looks like Francis Street 14 court house. Marriage to Lily Hawker as you state and children Ida Lilian B27.5.1911, William Frederick B24.5.1912, Joseph Ernest B31.7.1913 and Frederick William B4.9.1914.

Suzanne

ive found this possible one in 1881 in 32 claverdon st. aston

thomas reed 26 lodger labourer in gas works b. carlisle
catherine 23 b. pontypool, monmouth
mary ann 4 b. monmouth
richard 2 b. bham
william 2 mths b. bham

Thanks smtr/Suzanne - That's him!!!!!!!! How did you find all that out? Thank you so much. Is it possible that the birth certificate for frederick reed could be the same person?

i would guess it is the same person. perhaps you could request the cert stiipulating that the parents must be thomas and catherine

Back