• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Railway Roundabout

Bill Parker

master brummie
I have just recieved a set of DVDs I ordered after seeing them advertised in Local paper. they consist of the footage filmed by Patrick Whitehouse and J.Adams. Patrick Whitehouse, apparently lived in Birmingham and there is footage of the Lickey Incline, The Harborne branch and the Halesowen branch.

"Railway Roundabout" was a programme produced in Birmingham for BBC TV and was shown in the early evening and aimed at the young train spotter and to a lesser degree the adult enthusiast. The series was shown between 1958-1962.

The DVDs eight in all seem to show the footage taht would have been used in each programme. Each year is confined to its own DVD which last about 55 mins, there are three further DVDs making up the set.

I can fully recommend them to any railway enthusiasts, or as I call myself "Students of Locomotion"!

Hi Piston,

Mine came from an advert in the local paper and I cant remember the suppliers address but looking on the box there is a website of what lloks like a company on the IOM

www.dukevideo.com Tel 1624 640000

I have also "googled" and found referances to it from Amazon at what looks like a good price but I,m by no means certain the price shown is for the whole set, so be aware of this......

Best Wishes

Back