• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pre Fabs Stud Lane South Yardley

pauljon

master brummie
My friend used to live in Stud Lane in the 1950 after moving from a back to back house in a street off Summer Lane
We have been friends for 77 years and she has just passed away. We began our friendship in St. Chad's Nursery Brearley
Street at the age of 3. We both went into infants and junior school in the same building St. Chad's infant and juniors.
However, when she moved to Stud Lane she had to attend the catholic school near to where she lived. I wonder if there
is anyone who could tell me the name of that school. To be honest I can't remember ever talking about the school she went to after leaving St. Chad's.
Our friendship spanned 77 years, on marriage I moved to Yorkshire and she to Cornwall. We kept in touch, visiting each other and celebrating
the births of our children. I have been asked to write an eulogy for her and I would like to mention the name of the school, if possible.
Thank you

Back