• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pictures in Villa Street

Ray Griffiths

master brummie
Villa_Street_28229.jpg

Hi Lyn one for you Villa Street anybody know who they might betaken 1960/1968

Where is it Lyn? The only cafe I can fing in villa road, around that tim e or a bit before, is the Villa Cafe at no 97, but that was on the coner of Nursery Road , with a road to the left of the building and no alley or road (where car is) to the right

oh wow ray...thats a great pic..i need to study this..one of those lads could be my brother...mike ray posted another pic of this shop ages back but without the kids in it...i thik its no 160 villa st..same side as i live but further up...as far as i can recall it was never open in all the time i lived there..from 58 to 72.....mike.the villa cafe as you rightly said was on the corner of villa st and nursery road and was always open lol...

ray i am sending you a private message...

thank you

lyn

Last edited:
Yes Lyn, i had forgottoen the other picture. It was 160. Was confused by the "Teas" sign It seems to have been listed as just a shop back to 1932, adn in 1921 it was a beer retailer (off licence presumably)
Mike

well ive had a very good look at the 2 lads in the pic mike and i dont think either of them is my bro but pics of this end of villa st are so rare i am just happy to have any...

lyn

Back