• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Paxton Road

Hello Tony. I also started with SMBP in January 1969 as a Craftsman 1 in the Garage at Kingsbury, took early retirement 26 years later when based at Stanlow.
Hi nickcc101,

I started working at Kingsbury depot for Shell Mex and BP on July 21st 1969 and finished 24 years later so must have known you, when Shell and BP split up I was put to work for Shell.

What year did you leave Kingsbury ?

Tony.

Re – Paxton Road houses.
Hello, I have enjoyed reading the various comments about Paxton Road from about 6 years ago, but noticed I hadn’t replied to Astoness’s question-
‘’Paxton girl can you confirm that this is a pic of paxton road with lodge road running across, this is dated 1967.. cant quite make out the road sign but i think it is paxton in which case number 8 may well be showing if it was on that side of the road’’. lyn
Yes it is lyn, and I was born at number 8 on the left-hand side of the road.

‘For Christmas’ my OH’s cousin sent us a lovely photo of these houses. However, carolina suggested having a look at Ted Rudge's site which has this identical photo, so not sure now if it was originally theirs and can be shown on here without permission? Would you kindly ‘put me in the picture’, so to speak. :)
Paxtongirl

Back