• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

PARRY AND BOTT

rowan

Born a Brummie
Please, can anyone throw any light on where and when PARRY AND BOTT made tools, such as hand drills ect.? I saw a drill for sale on ebay after typing the name BOTT and I tried Google but no luck. I do believe they were a Birmingham firm.

Many thanks :)

Hello Rowan
In the Kellys Directory for 1962, Parry and Bott are listed as hand tool makers at Baltimore Road, B22, which I believe is Great Barr area.
Hope this is of some help. ;)

Many thanks Postie. I didn't know if they were a very old firm or not.

My "Bott's" were bedstead makers somewhere in Brum in the 1800's

Than k you again.

Parry and Botts were spirit level makers in Baltimore Road, Hampstead, Birmingham. My Father worked there for many years as a french polisher. The spirit levels in those days were made of wood. I believe they were the first company to make line levels. About 6 inches long they were made of metal and were Chrome plated. My dad used to bring these home to be assembled.

Back