• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Osborn Edward Born About 1635

H

harborne

I can't get past this bloke at all. He was married to Dorothy and had a son called William, who was born in 1655, amongst other children, i.e. Dorathy. I've searched for hours and come up with nothing every time. If anyone has access to Aston Juxta parish records I'd really appreciate some help. The children I found were christened there, so I'm hoping maybe Edward and Dorothy were married there.

Harborne

Re: Edward Osborn born about 1635

The DVD I have of Birmingham Miscellany only has records for Aston Juxta for 1544 to 1639/40, so it doesn't cover the period you are after for the marriage. Howeverm there are some Osborn/Osborne etc. One in particular in 1632 for a marriage of Thomas Osborne & Jane Freece (25th Apr 1632). There is also the baptism of their daughter in 1637. Couldn't find Edward though....

OK thanks for your help, Leslam. I suspect Edward may not have been born in Birmingham as I've searched most of the other parish records. I've made a note of the names you've given me anyway as they could quite possible have been the same family. Much appreciated.

Chris

Hi again Leslam. Are there many other Osborn(e)s there, i.e. would it be worth my while to buy the disc myself and if so, what is called and where would I buy it?

I'm currently in NZ, returning on 8th Nov. I'll try to remember to look up the details/number of Osbourne's when I return. Otherwise give me a reminder in the middle of Nov - unless someone else has replied with the information before then :)

Hi,
My ancestors are Osbornes from Nechells and Aston. My great grandfather was Henry Joseph Osborne b. 1887 in Aston who died in WW1 in France, his father was Henry James Osborne b. abt 1854 in Birmingham, death date uncertain, who married Mary Ann Tulley. I think his mother and father were a Joseph Osborne and Sarah but I can't find any solid records on either. They lived mostly around Aston, Duddeston and Nechells according to census records, there's no record of them anywhere in 1901 which seems strange..... if they are any relation to your Osbornes or if you've any info I'll be very grateful
Regards
Dan

Hi, Sorry for late reply. There were several Henry Osbornes in my tree, the most recent ones being Henry born 1848 and Henry T Osborne (Harry) born 1883; he married Georgina Jones. I don't know who Henry b 1848 married as I couldn't find any further records for him. His father was Henry born in 1821, married to Sarah Bridgens. His father was Adam T Osborne, whose father was William Osborne. Don't know if this is any help, hope it is. Best wishes. Chris.

Back